Full-Time Position – Bengaluru, Kolkata
We’re looking for a WordPress Support Engineer with at least 3 years of experience to manage the server-side functions of WordPress websites built using wp-bakery (formerly Visual Composer). This position requires a strong understanding of WordPress, including its themes, plugins, and API, and the ability to troubleshoot and solve technical issues while following best practices. You will be handling theme and plugin updates, CDN, caching, forms, email, and other API integrations, and make sure the website loads fast and has a good Google Page Speed Insights/GT Metrix score.
Key Duties and Responsibilities: (other duties maybe assigned)
- Coordinating with marketing/management teams to discuss website design and function.
- Managing the server side of the website. The front end of the site uses wp-bakery (formerly Visual Composer) a drag-and-drop UI builder and a premium theme (Impreza).
- Managing the website architecture.
- Designing and managing the website back-end including database and server integration.
- Generating/Finding/Maintaining WordPress themes and plugins.
- Conducting website performance tests.
- Troubleshooting website issues.
- Conducting WordPress training with the team members.
- Monitoring the performance of the live website.
Requirements / Qualification
- Proven work experience as a WordPress engineer/developer.
- Expert in writing and debugging custom code.
- Exposure to PHP.
- Expert in Theme Upgrades
- Expert in adding/updating plugins.
- Knowledge of contact form 7, Google tag manager & analytics instigations.
- Experience working with debugging tools such as Chrome Inspector.
- Good understanding of website architecture and aesthetics.
- Good communication skills
- Knowledge of improving Google Page Speed, GtMetrix, etc.
- Knowledge of CDN/Caching
Reach out to us
View all open positions here.
Why you should work with us
- We’re agile and flexible as long as the deliverables are met
- We’re a young, vibrant and energetic team with different cultures being part of our family
- Your growth could be accelerated if you’re able to showcase your skills and knowledge
- We pay higher than industry standards for most of our roles
- We work out of a co-working space where you get to meet and interact with other businesses to improve business knowledge
- We have Fun Friday sessions at work to mix play with work
- Our training sessions are more practical than classroom which makes you learn and implement while actually delivering value
- Because you’re smart and can make an informed decision
About BuyerForesight ™:
We’re a marketing services company focused on delivering high-value B2B sales conversations for Technology solutions vendors with low-pressure, high-converting small-group thought leadership events. Our events create a powerful sales funnel that accelerates sales cycles while creating awareness and differentiation for our customers.
Started in 2014, BuyerForesight has delivered over $1 billion in sales pipeline for tech companies selling to nearly every industry that buys software and technology. We have 100+ team members spread across 2 locations (Kolkata & Bangalore) in India, 1 (Duluth, MN) in the US, 1 in Singapore, 1 in the Netherlands, and 1 in the Philippines. We are a fully bootstrapped company founded by 3 serial entrepreneurs.