Full-Time Position – India
We are looking for a Research Director to build and lead this new Voice of the Buyer Research practice. You’ll be responsible for setting up the Voice of the Buyer Research practice from ideation to execution.
For this role, you need to be intellectually curious and have a strong analytical mindset. Your goal will be to initiate the research practice and eventually build a team of capable researchers who will interview business leaders from a variety of organizations to understand what motivates B2B Buyers to make buying decisions.
Key Duties and Responsibilities: (other duties maybe assigned)
As a Research Director, you will be expected to demonstrate your capabilities in these areas:
- Understand challenges that organizations encounter in designing, marketing, and selling products without input from potential buyers
- Conduct lightly-structured interviews with potential buyers who will be senior-level decision makers within their respective organizations
- Confidently re-direct your questioning based on what the interviewee says, in other words, don’t just read from a list of questions, engage them in a conversation.
- Develop a deep understanding and expertise to distil key findings on what motivates buyers
- Gather, analyze, identify, and create insights from conversations with buyers
- Stay abreast of key market trends across different functions and verticals
- Be able to meet deadlines, multi-task, and manage work under ambiguity/uncertainty (ex: changing factors, limited information, etc.)
- Build and manage a team of researchers while growing the practice
- Create research scope documents, and facilitate internal stakeholder meetings to distil analysis
- Ensure timely delivery of research reports to customers
- Build and maintain business relationships with business leaders across different industry verticals and functions
- First, do the work and build the practice, then hire, train, and manage new researchers while still conducting some of the work yourself—we rely on hands-on contributors at every level of the company.
Requirements / Qualification
- Bachelor’s and Master’s degree from a leading business school
- At least 12 years of experience in a Research or Consulting organization with at least 3 years of experience in building and managing teams
- Strong critical reasoning and data interpretation skills
- Ability to learn new concepts and approaches
- Detail oriented, along with clear and concise oral and written communication skills
- Analytical mind and strong quantitative skills
- Problem solver with the ability to assess business problems and provide actionable outcome-based insights
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills in English
- Experience working in international markets
Reach out to us
View all open positions here.
Why you should work with us
- We’re agile and flexible as long as the deliverables are met
- We’re a young, vibrant and energetic team with different cultures being part of our family
- Your growth could be accelerated if you’re able to showcase your skills and knowledge
- We pay higher than industry standards for most of our roles
- We work out of a co-working space where you get to meet and interact with other businesses to improve business knowledge
- We have Fun Friday sessions at work to mix play with work
- Our training sessions are more practical than classroom which makes you learn and implement while actually delivering value
- Because you’re smart and can make an informed decision
About BuyerForesight ™:
We’re a marketing services company focused on delivering high-value B2B sales conversations for Technology solutions vendors with low-pressure, high-converting small-group thought leadership events. Our events create a powerful sales funnel that accelerates sales cycles while creating awareness and differentiation for our customers.
Started in 2014, BuyerForesight has delivered over $1 billion in sales pipeline for tech companies selling to nearly every industry that buys software and technology. We have 100+ team members spread across 2 locations (Kolkata & Bangalore) in India, 1 (Duluth, MN) in the US, 1 in Singapore, 1 in the Netherlands, and 1 in the Philippines. We are a fully bootstrapped company founded by 3 serial entrepreneurs.