At BuyerForesight, we thrive when our people thrive. We are currently looking for a Trend Researcher who will strengthen our research capabilities that lead to a forward-looking business approach. The ideal person for the job will be a research-oriented individual with exceptional communication skills and meticulous attention to detail. He/She will have previous experience working in a research-based firm, performing market trend research independently. Given the evolving nature of our business, we rely on our researchers for flexibility and foresight, while maintaining high-level integrity related to research and operations.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collect various company & contact level data via primary & secondary research
- Analyze and present meaningful insights from the data collected
- Help the SME Forecast trend based on the insights in a given vertical
- Perform secondary market research by looking at various online sources, annual reports, news aggregators, conference websites, project reports, interviews, podcasts and other avenues
- Perform qualitative and quantitative analyses to identify opportunities for market expansion
- Nice to have – Apply statistical techniques to interpret data and produce substantiated recommendations. But we deal in small datasets.
Skills and Qualifications:
- At least 5 years’ experience in a research role
- Understanding and exposure to IT Services/Software/Technology business terminology & ecosystem
- Analytical and inquisitive mindset, with enthusiasm and willingness to learn
- Possess a strong interest in research on multiple areas with strong analytical skills and a data-oriented approach
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Flexible team player willing to do what it takes to get the job done; adaptable and enjoys a challenge
Reach out to us
View all open positions here.
Why you should work with us
- We’re agile and flexible as long as the deliverables are met
- We’re a young, vibrant and energetic team with different cultures being part of our family
- Your growth could be accelerated if you’re able to showcase your skills and knowledge
- We pay higher than industry standards for most of our roles
- We work out of a co-working space where you get to meet and interact with other businesses to improve business knowledge
- We’ve Fun Friday sessions at work to mix play with work
- Our training sessions are more practical than classroom which makes you learn and implement while actually delivering value
- Because you’re smart and can make an informed decision
About BuyerForesight ™:
We’re a marketing services company focused on delivering high-value B2B sales conversations for Technology solutions vendors with low-pressure, high-converting small-group thought leadership events. Our events create a powerful sales funnel that accelerates sales cycles while creating awareness and differentiation for our customers.
Started in 2014, BuyerForesight has delivered over $1 billion in sales pipeline for tech companies selling to nearly every industry that buys software and technology. We have 55 employees spread across 2 locations (Kolkata & Bangalore) in India, 1 (Duluth, MN) in US, and 1 in Singapore. We are a fully bootstrapped company founded by 3 serial entrepreneurs.